Health and nutrition are the new trends that everyone is talking about these days. People are spending millions of dollars on what they eat and drink. One such product is green tea, and the associated health benefits of drinking a cup of tea every day are immense.It was introduced to the Western world by the British, who took it from several tea plantations in China and India.
Common tea or brown tea is one of the most consumed beverages all around the world. Most people consume the more readily available black tea in comparison to green tea; however, this trend is slowly changing.
Tea is brewed from the dried leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, except the herbal leaves, which are commonly brewed from various flowers and fruits. It is also less processed, which helps it retain major antioxidants and polyphenols.
Green tea is used in much traditional medicine to control bleeding and heal wounds, aid digestion, improve blood circulation, improve heart and mental health, and regulate body temperature.
This is known to have a positive effect on the mental state of a person and has been associated with weight loss. It also helps in preventing liver disorders, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease.
What are the Benefits of Green Tea?
There are several health-related benefits Some of the prominent benefits of green tea are as follows:
1) Cancer prevention: Green tea has been associated with the prevention of different cancers. Polyphenols found in tea have been found to decrease tumour growth and also protect skin from ultraviolet UV-B radiation-related damage. Polyphenols have health several health benefits including reduction of tissue inflammation, which helps in fighting cancer.
2) Heart benefits: Green tea consumption has been associated with reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Dieticians and doctors all over the world advise patients to consume green tea every day to avoid or lower the risk of developing cardiovascular or heart diseases.
3) Bioactive compounds: Green tea contains bioactive compounds that help in keeping the cells healthy and increases their longevity. Also, it has been found to be more satisfying in quenching thirst and hydrating than most other beverages.
4) Reduces bloating: Green tea is known to reduce stomach bloating. Consuming green tea has been known to help patients complaining about gastric trouble and irregular flatulence. Green has been observed to provide long-term relief for people suffering from gastric disorders.
5) Improve brain function: Green tea has been hypothesized to be incremental in brain functioning. This help in keeping a person alert and may also help in boosting brain function. Green contains caffeine but lesser in quantity compared to regular tea or coffee, which makes it suitable for consumption in patients with hypertension or other heart-related ailments.
5) Increases fat burning: Green tea helps in releasing various hormones and enzymes related to burning glycogen and saturated fatty acid layers that accumulate in the body. This activity helps in boosting the metabolic process in the body, which helps in burning more calories helping in weight reduction, and utilizing the energy in building and nurturing the body.
This product is not only a healthy but also a tasty alternative to various sugar-laden beverages which though are thrilling to the palette but do more harm than good. Complementing with honey, lemon, and other condiments bring out a delicious drink that can quench thirst and also provide several health benefits